Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm Back...7 years later

I technically began this blog back in 2006 before blogging in education had become very popular.  At the time, I was a fourth grade teacher, and I was trying to figure out how to do this 21st century teaching thing.  A lot has happened since 2006.  To start, I no longer teach at the elementary school.  In between my years as a fourth grade teacher until now I have taught fifth grade and then served as a building technology coordinator from 2008-2012.  This year, I wanted a change so I took a position as a sixth grade language arts teacher at the middle school level.

My decision to return to the classroom stemmed from a desire to be more involved with students and less involved with fixing everyone else's technology.  I wanted to get back in the trenches, so to speak.  I was tired of talking the talk without walking the walk.  I loved the idea of being a technology coordinator, but I started to feel like I was getting out of touch.  (You can read about my life as a technology coordinator on another old blog here.)

So, now I am back in my very own classroom where technology integration is a way of life for me.  Thankfully my district has FINALLY adopted Google Apps for Education so that I can do my thing without jumping through a million hoops.  (Thanks DPS!)

I'm going to do my best to post often in an effort to document my great return to the classroom.  Thanks for reading!  Come back soon!

No comments: